Monday, May 04, 2015

A Word Fitly Spoken

"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver." 
Proverbs 25:11 (ESV)

I just got home from renewing my drivers license. I don't know many people who enjoy spending time at the DMV, and today a sign warned of unusually long wait times.

While filling out my form, I watched the women behind the counter interact with each person. They complimented babies, they noticed similar birthdays, they chatted about the weather.

They found common ground.

Laughter, smiles, and patience circulated the room because of their warmth and kind words.

Their example made me resolve to think about the reception I give each stranger I encounter. Can I find some common ground? Can I stir a smile?

Where ever your day takes you, may you both hear and share words set in silver!

Sharon Hinck


No comments: