Sunday, April 15, 2007

Mom-lit for Mother's Day!


I just received a lovely email from a reader who is planning to give copies of "The Secret Life of Becky Miller" and "Renovating Becky Miller" as gifts to friends for Mother's Day. Reading a story about someone who "gets it" - who goes through the struggles of conflicting priorities that women face these days - especially when that story is wrapped in giggles - does seem to be a great gift.

It occurred to me that a lot of SONS and HUSBANDS and FATHERS and guy friends are going to be searching for creative gifts for the women in their lives. "She's on a diet and yells at me when I buy chocolate, flowers don't last very long, what do I do?"

Try the gift of mom-lit. Or any great fiction. You'll find amazing Christian authors and their books through my links in the right-hand column. And then be sure to ALSO arrange a little quiet time so she can read. :-)

Pick stories that are uplifting and have some long-lasting inspiration woven among the escapist adventure and humor. You'll be her hero!


Blessings!
Sharon Hinck


Two-Book Set

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey this you've got a great idea here...thanks for sharing this with us...and hey i'd also like you to drop by my blog on Mother's Day Cards and check out all that i've posted there...and while you're at it do share your thoughts!!!