Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Mammoth Self-Doubts?





I told a friend today that I was having mammoth self-doubts.

A picture sprang to mind of a huge, furry, snaggle-tusked mammoth, tearing through the garden of my dreams and hopes.

Writers often get visits from this wooly creature, so I've tried to learn not to panic when it thunders in for a chat. Instead, when it waggles its tusks in my direction, I'm reminded to run to Jesus.

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God." - Psalm 20:7

Let's not rely on the chariots of our own skills and human effort (apart from Him), or the horses of approval from others. And let's not be trampled by the mammoth reasons to give up. Let's simply trust in the name of the Lord of God and take the next step forward.

Do you ever struggle with mammoth doubts? What verses help you at those times?

Blessings,
Sharon Hinck

No comments: